Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Me and my Vélib' - Part II




What comes on your mind when you think of France ? Wine, the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, French Kiss, Paris City of Love...and strikes!
Well, today - again- public transports have been on strike. No tains of RER C, that usually brings me to Issy les Moulineaux where our offices are located. No trains going to Issy les Moul', that is. Because Alex, the optimistic, heard the guy on the TV this morning say, there's going to be a train RER C every 15 min, I got to my underground, sorry!, Métro-station as every morning, in order to get the Métro 14 (fully automated) to Bibliothèque François Mitterrand (that awfully ugly site supposed to be ressembling open books in the south of Paris) where I usually take the train. Everything went quite as normal until we've been asked to leave the train - one station after the Bibliothèque.
A guy welcomed us, telling me straight away that there won't be any trains going to Issy, all RER C circulating having other destinations. So he suggested to go home. Isn't that great ? No train, go home, have fun - and thank the strikers for another day off.
Well, some of us have to work, even on strike days. So I went back to Bibliothèque where I finally found a Vélib'.
For those who want to look the trip up in mappy, it's from Bibliothèque François Mitterrand to Porte de Versailles. It took me an hour or so. Of course, no space available to depose my rental bike; had to wait another half an hour or so. Add to that another 30min of walk to the office.
Then add the same thing on my way back (this time I took a Vélib' at Balard). Took me 50 min. Means, I'm getting better.
And if I cross one single striker, I'll kick his ass so he knows how mine feels after 2 hours of cycling in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment